- PacificLight’s 2023 Crea8 Sustainability Primary-Level Competition (“the Competition”) is open to all primary students studying in Singapore at MOE-registered primary schools and/or international educational institutions and homeschoolers.
- All submissions must be registered online at crea8sustainability.sg/2023competition/registration by 11:59pm on Friday, 7 April 2023.
- Submissions will only be considered successful once all required details have been provided and an image of the student’s project has been uploaded.
- Entries will be categorised by the calendar year of birth in accordance with MOE guidelines.
- Submission requirements:
- An original art piece or upcycled project made up of at least 80% non-recyclable waste items. Students are encouraged to use non-recyclable items that would have otherwise been thrown away.
- Students may refer to the list of recyclable and non-recyclable items here. Any or all of the listed items may be used in the submissions. Where needed, students are encouraged to use recycled materials to supplement their artwork, with no more than 20% in their submission.
- Students are not permitted to use more than 10% new materials, to create the art piece or upcycled product.
- The art piece or upcycled project should not be larger than 1m x 1m in measurement. Submissions larger than the specified size shall be disqualified.
- The art piece or upcycled project must be an original creation. Original creation means it is created directly and personally by the student. Direct copying or imitating another person’s work is not considered an original submission.
- If Pacificlight has reason to believe that a submission is not original, it may request for evidence from the participant to enable PacificLight to assess the submission’s originality. Any submission that is not considered original will be rejected and disqualified from the Competition.
- A photograph of the art piece or upcycle project must be submitted via the registration portal in the following format
- File Type: JPEG/JPG/ PDF
- File size: not to exceed 20MB
- The student is required to submit a short caption or description of their project alongside a photograph of their artwork.
- Each participant may only submit one entry to the Competition. Multiple entries from the same participant will be qualified.
- It is the submitter’s responsibility to ensure that the participant/s details are entered correctly.
- Each submission made by the teacher on behalf of the student/s must be accompanied by a completed and signed Parent Consent Form in the following format. Entries without a completed parent/guardian consent shall be disqualified.
- File format: PDF
- File size: must not exceed 10MB
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, participants hereby represent and warrant that the submission does not and shall not knowingly infringe any copyright or any other relevant rights of any party or third party.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, the participant grants PacificLight an unlimited worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, display, and prepare derivative works of any and all submitted works in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world in connection with PacificLight’s purposes including its advocacy of sustainable energy use.
- All uses of the submission by PacificLight will be non-commercial and participants will be credited.
- The participant retains all copyright to their original submission.
- By submitting an entry, a participant provides consent for PacificLight to make reference to their name and school for the purpose of identifying them as the creator of the submission.
- Any false representation, erroneous information, or violation of these rules and regulations or general objectives of the competition (such as receiving help to create the submission), will result in immediate disqualification of the participant from the Competition.
- Entries will be judged based on the participant’s originality, creativity and relevance to the theme.
- Decisions on the winning submission for each category will be made by a judging panel comprising of PacificLight staff and third parties that PacificLight might choose to engage. The judges’ decision is final.
- The Competition is open to all Primary students studying in Singapore. Winners will be awarded within 2 categories – Cat A: Primary 1 to 3 (Lower Primary) and Cat B: Primary 4 to 6 (Upper Primary).
- Prizes for each category are as follows:
- 1st prize – $150 book voucher + trophy + Certificate of Award
- 2nd prize -$100 book voucher + trophy + Certificate of Award
- 3rd prize – $ 75 book voucher + trophy + Certificate of Award
- $50 book voucher + Certificate of Award x 3 merit winners
- At their discretion, the judges may award up to 4 Honorable Mentions. No prizes will be awarded for any Honorable Mention.
- Winners will be notified via email to the contact provided in the entry submission by June 2023. Selected winners will be required to provide the original submission to:
Ms Sabrina Faisal, Corporate Communications Executive
8 Jurong Town Hall Road
#12-01/06 The JTC Summit, Singapore 609434
- Details on the date, location and time of the prize presentation will be provided to the winners at a later date.
- For any queries, refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). For any additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Competition is not open to the children/wards of PacificLight Power Pte Ltd or PacificLight Energy Pte Ltd employees or supporting partners.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, participants agree to be bounded by the competition rules, including consent to the collection of his/her personal data in order to conduct the competition and agree that PacificLight may, for this purpose, collect, use and/or disclose the personal data in accordance to the competition rules. All rules and regulations, and instructions issued by PacificLight from time to time will be deemed incorporated into these competition rules. PacificLight reserves the right to amend the competition rules, at any time, without prior notice.
- These Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.