- PacificLight’s 2021 Crea8 Sustainability called Re-Crea8 Competition (“the Competition”) is open to all primary aged students studying in Singapore at either an MOE-registered – primary school, any private and/or international educational institution and home schoolers.
- All submissions must be registered online at crea8sustainability.sg/2021competition/registration by 11:59pm on Thursday, 22 April 2021.
- Submissions will only be considered successful once all the required information has been provided, an image of the student’s project uploaded and, for those submissions made by a teacher on behalf of a student, a completed parent consent form uploaded.
- Entries will be categorised by the calendar year of birth in accordance with MOE guidelines.
- Submission requirements:
- The student’s submission must be an original creation. Original creation means it has been created directly and personally by the participant. Direct copying or imitating another person’s work is not considered an original submission.
- All submissions must comprise of at least 90% waste/recycled materials. Participants are not permitted to use in excess of 10% new materials to create their submission.
- The submission must be no larger than 60cm x 60cm X 60cm. Submissions larger than the specified size will be disqualified.
- A photograph of the student’s project must be submitted via the registration portal in the following format
- File Type: JPEG/JPG/ PDF
- File size: not to exceed 10MB
- If PacificLight has reason to believe that a submission is not original, it may request for evidence. Any submission that is not considered original will be rejected and disqualified from the Competition.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, the participant hereby grants PacificLight an unlimited worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, display, prepare derivative works of any and all submitted works in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world in connection with PacificLight’s purposes including its advocacy of sustainable energy use.
- All uses of the submission will be non-commercial and participants will be credited.
- The participant retains all copyright to their original submission.
- By submitting an entry, a participant provides consent for PacificLight to make reference to their name, age and school for the purpose of identifying them as the creator of the submission.
- Any false representation, erroneous information, or violation of these rules and regulations or general objectives of the competition (such as receiving help to create the submission), will result in immediate disqualification of the participant from the Competition.
- Each participant may only submit one entry to the Competition. Multiple entries from the same participant will be disqualified.
- It is the submitter’s responsibility to ensure that the participant details are entered correctly.
- All submissions require a completed and signed Parent Consent Form in the following format. Entries without a completed parent/guardian consent shall be disqualified.
- File size: must not exceed 10MB
- Entries will be judged based on the participant’s originality, creativity and relevance to the theme.
- Decisions on the winning submission for each category will be made by a judging panel comprising of PacificLight staff and third parties that PacificLight might choose to engage. The judges’ decision is final.
- The Competition is open to all Primary students studying in Singapore. Winners will be awarded within 2 categories – Cat A: Primary 1 to 3 (Lower Primary) and Cat B: Primary 4 to 6 (Upper Primary).
- Prizes for each category are as follows:
- 1st prize – $150 book voucher + trophy
- 2nd prize -$100 book voucher + trophy
- 3rd prize – $ 75 book voucher + trophy
- $50 book voucher + Certificate of Award x 3 merit winners
- At their discretion, the judges may award up to 4 Honorable Mentions. No prizes will be awarded for any Honorable Mention.
- Winners will be notified via email to the contact provided in the entry submission by 14 May 2021. Selected winners will be required to provide the original submission by 24 May 2021 to:
Ms Sandra Au, Corporate Communications Executive
8 Jurong Town Hall Road
#12-01/06 The JTC Summit, Singapore 609434
- Details on the date, location and time of the prize presentation ceremony will be provided to the winners in June 2021.
- For any queries, refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). For any additional questions please email email@example.com.
- The Competition is not open to the children/wards of PacificLight Power Pte Ltd or PacificLight Energy Pte Ltd employees or supporting partners.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, participants hereby represent and warrant that the submission does not and shall not knowingly infringe any copyright or any other relevant rights of any party or third party.