- PacificLight’s 2020 Crea8 Sustainability Crea8 Waste to Art Competition (“the Competition”) is open to all primary level students studying in Singapore at a MOE registered primary school, any private and/or international educational institution and home schoolers.
- All submissions must be registered online at www.crea8sustainability.sg/2020competition/registration, by 11:59 pm on Friday, 5 June 2020.
- Submission will only be considered successful once all of the required details have been provided and an image of the student’s project has been uploaded.
- Entries will be categorised by the calendar year of birth in accordance with MOE guidelines.
- Submission requirements:
- The student’s art piece or upcycled project must be an original creation. Original artwork means the artwork is created directly and personally by the participant. Direct copying or imitating another person’s work is not considered an original submission.
- All submissions must be made up of at least 90% waste materials. Participants are not permitted to use in excess of 10% new materials to create the art piece or upcycled product.
- The art pieces can be in either 2D or 3D. The maximum permitted size for each art piece is 42cm X 59cm (A2 paper size).
- The maximum permissible size of a 3D sculpture is 60cm x 60cm x 60cm.
- A photograph of the student’s project must be submitted via the registration portal in the following format
- File Type: JPEG/JPG/ PDF
- File size: not to exceed 10MB
- If PacificLight has reason to believe that a submission is not original, it may request a satisfactory proof. Any submission that is not considered original will be rejected and disqualified from the Competition.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, the participant hereby grants PacificLight an unlimited worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, display, prepare derivative works of any and all submitted works in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world in connection with PacificLight’s purposes including but not limited to its advocacy of sustainable energy use.
- All of the uses mentioned earlier will be non-commercial and participants will be credited alongside their artwork.
- The participant retains all copyright to his or her original submission.
- By submitting an entry, a participant agrees that PacificLight may use his or her name, age and school for the sole purpose of identifying him or her as the creator of the submission.
- Any false representation, erroneous information, or violation of these rules and regulations or general objectives of the Competition (such as helping the child develop the submission), will result in immediate disqualification of the participant.
- Each participant may only submit one entry to the Competition.
- Kindly check that the participant details are entered correctly for the child/ student to be registered in the correct category and under the correct name.
- Entries will be judged based on the participants’ originality, creativity and relevance to the theme.
- Decisions on the winning submission for each category will be made by a judging panel comprising of PacificLight staff and third parties that PacificLight might choose to engage. The judges’ decision is final.
- The Competition is open to all primary students studying in Singapore. Winners will be awarded within 2 categories – Cat A: Primary 1 to 3 (Lower Primary) and Cat B: Primary 4 to 6 (Upper Primary).
- Prizes for each category are as follows
- 1st prize – $150 book vouchers + trophy
- 2nd prize – $100 book vouchers+ trophy
- 3rd prize – $75 book vouchers + trophy
- 3 Merit winners – $50 book voucher + Certificate of Award
- At their discretion, the judges will award the Certificate of Special Mention to 4 outstanding projects. No prizes will be awarded for the Special Mention Award.
- Winners will be notified via email by 10 July 2020. Selected winners will be required to provide the original art piece itself by 20 July 2020. Original submission should be sent to:
Ms Sandra Au, Corporate Communications Executive
8 Jurong Town Hall Road
#12-01/06 The JTC Summit, Singapore 609434
- The prize presentation will be held in Q3, 2020. Further details on the date/time/venue of the award ceremony will be provided to the winners nearer to the date.
- For any queries, refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If your query is not listed, please send an email to email@example.com
- The Competition is not open to the children/wards of PacificLight Power Pte Ltd or PacificLight Energy Pte Ltd employees or supporting partners.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, participants hereby represent and warrant that the submission does not and shall not infringe any copyright or any other relevant rights of any party or third party.